Monday, January 4, 2016

Day 4: When Company Comes Over

On Mondays I'll try to write about food.  I'll try to give a recipe.  I'll try to talk about hospitality.
Tonight we started fellowship groups at our church.  We have a small group of three couples who have decided to join us on Monday nights for dinner and some time to get to know each other.
We had dinner around our now empty table (grilled chicken, roasted vegetables*, salad) and dessert (Dave's favorite: Alden's chocolate-chocolate chip ice cream (http://www.aldensicecream.com)).  We moved to the living room and talked and talked and talked.  Our new friends shared their life stories with us.  Our new friends got to know each other as well. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*ROASTED VEGETABLES
1) Heat oven to 425 degrees.
2) Clean veggies appropriately then cut into small bite size portions.  (Tonight I had 1 baking potato (cubed/skin on), 1 sweet potato (skinned/ cubed), 1 large head of broccoli crown (sliced small, stem skinned and cubed).
3) Drizzle with oil (I used olive oil), season with minced garlic (I used 1 heaping teaspoon), salt and pepper to taste.  You could also use any herbs that you like.  I didn't tonight.  
4) Mix so the veggies are tossed in the oil and seasonings.
5) Put in lightly greased baking sheet (I used a casserole dish).
6) Put in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the veggies are soft.
7) Eat warm from the oven. (Well, let them cool a bit, don't burn your tastebuds)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was going to take a bunch of wonderful pictures of our time together, but I remembered about the pictures about the same time my husband started the dishwasher. Oh well.

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food."  EXCEPT the love of a friend!   “Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.” (1 John 4:7 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment