Saturday, January 2, 2016

Day 2: You Can't be Sad When Riding a Bike

Today is Saturday.  Normally, on Saturdays Dave and I take some time to rest.  A lot of Saturdays we read, bike ride and spend time exploring around where we live and enjoying quiet at home.

Lately, we haven't had much time at home to rest. Rest is important. It refreshes our souls.

Rest allows me to reset.  When I reset I find my soul is at peace and when I am at peace I feel happy.  

Today, we explored all over Boise in our car because my knee just isn't healing as fast as I'd like it to.  Besides, Dave told me that today would be a horrible day for a bike ride.  You see, even though it's a beautiful sunny day, it was only 17 degrees, with wind, when we were exploring this morning.

I like riding our tandem bike with Dave.  I don't think I've ever been sad on that bike yet...except today...but it was because we couldn't ride.

Normally we ride on the Boise River Greenbelt.
It's a lot of fun.  (More details here: 
https://parks.cityofboise.org/media/228316/15–0701-greenbelt-map-lo.pdf)

Right now I'm having some tea therapy, icing my knee and planning when I can take my next ride.
P.S. Saturdays will be when I write about everything bicycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment