Monday, January 14, 2013

What day is it?

This is the day the Lord has made;
    let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Psalm 118:24

New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)



This is my desk this morning.  I had some back paperwork that I needed to finish this morning.  I need to spend time studying God's word before I start anything else, so I got up really early.

It's now 6:40am (hey, I know that's too early already).  I won't tell you what time I got up, but my friend Kelly was up for some of the same time and she'll agree that I'm going to have a long day today.

Sheila Wray Gregorie asked on facebook today "Is anyone else feeling overwhelmed this Monday morning?"

I was feeling overwhelmed yesterday for today.  Yesterday was Sunday and I don't work on Sundays so any work that I didn't get done by Saturday night I put on Monday morning. 


But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Matthew 6:33-34

New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)

So I got up early this morning to get what I needed done.

I made that calendar on my desk based on a similar one I saw on Pinterest.   At the top of each day I've put a reminder of how I need to think about that day.  Here's my list:

Sunday: a day of rest
Monday: a new week
Tuesday: a long day of investment
Wednesday: a day of ministry
Thursday: a day to catch up
Friday: a day to play
Saturday: a day to give

So, since Monday is the beginning of a new week, I will rejoice today and be glad in it!

How do you think about each day of the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment