Sunday, January 13, 2013

God is great, God is good. Let us thank Him for our food...


Did you know that the children's meal time prayer is longer?  I didn't.  I had learned this part:

God is great, God is good.  Let us thank Him for our food.  Amen.

Here is the whole meal time prayer:

"God is Great, God is Good.
Let us thank Him for our food.
By His hands we all are fed, give us Lord our daily bread.
Amen."  (source: world prayers )

I've been thinking about my dilemma of eating from my freezer and my pantry.  I really want to do this...why is it so hard?  I keep looking at all the new things that I could make and then I'm discontent with what I already have.

I've found that it comes down to contentment.


So, I'm brought back to my dilemma.  I can show my contentment through getting back to eating from my pantry/freezer.  I can be reminded that by God's hands I am fed.

So, I'm up and running cooking from my pantry/freezer/fridge.  Last night I made a great shredded pork in the Crockpot and today we ate it as taco salad.  I want to defrost my freezer by Spring break so I better stop shopping at the store and get stuff from my freezer.  :)
 
I'm thanking God for His daily provision of not just food, but for His word, my family and friends, getting me up each morning, and His great love for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment