Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunday Musings...On Being Forgetful

source: trueinnernature.blogspot.com
 "A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer.  Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken." Ecclesiastes 4:12 NLT

 I'm forgetful.  Today I left early from Sunday School because I remembered that I might have left the stove top burner on.  I left quickly, after excusing myself, and rushed home.  It's nice that I live right next to church.  I was able to get home quickly.  

Source: Ecletic Blue Vintage etsy site
I was on my way to a game the other day and I thought I'd left the kettle on before I left.  I turned around and went home to find that I hadn't left anything on.  I was late to the game and I was embarrassed.

I am easily embarrassed by my memory.  I can keep a lot of facts in my head, but I don't always remember the basic stuff, like where  my keys are.  It frustrates me.  I feel like a fool.

I have almost burnt our house down when I left a kettle on one night after a bunch of late night grading.  After that incident we got a kettle with a whistle.

Source: Milk & Honey etsy site
When we first moved to Idaho, my husband had an incident with a pot and pinto beans.  Let's just say we have a lot of stories from that incident.  We also get kidded about it even though it's been 6 years.  It embarrasses me.  I try to joke about it, but it hurts my heart.  I guess I take it too seriously, but the perfectionist in me wants to just hide.  I can't hide though.  I life in a fishbowl of community.  For better or for worse that is what a community is like.  If I want to live an authentic, transparent life then I need to not hide.  I need to come clean.  Even if I'm embarrassed I need to take a risk and live my life in community.  



No comments:

Post a Comment