Friday, January 4, 2013

balance

Keels provide extra stability
by providing a weight low enough
to significantly
 lower the centre of gravity.
(Source: Wikipedia)
  Finding balance is hard for me.
             I know that I need it....balance....
                                 I go to extremes.
                                           Maybe I'm just a little too tired today.
                                                           Maybe December was full of
                                                                     transitions and good chaos.

  Here's what keeps me balanced,
                   what keeps me level in my tossing turning world:
                              Like a keel on a sailboat is God's word to my life.





I don't run.  Well, I'm attempting to condition my body to run a 5k using the "couch to 5k running program".  (It's an app and I like it...it tells me what to do so I don't have to think).  I bike though.  So I understand this verse from the book of Hebrews in the New Testament of the Bible from my bike riding.  It is easier to ride with less weight.  It is also easier to keep my balance when going up a hill when I have less weight on my bike. The verse reminds me to take off the things that are just there and are hindering my life.  It reminds be to take off the things that are just wrong.  Both will weigh me down.  Both will find me out of balance.

"...let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." (Hebrews 12:1b)

No comments:

Post a Comment