Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Tired on a Tuesday


Changing "I had to" to "I got to"...

Whoever sows to please their flesh,
from the flesh will reap destruction;
whoever sows to please the Spirit, 
from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 
Let us not become weary in doing good
for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 
10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, 
let us do good to all people, 
especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
Galatians 6:8-10New International Version (NIV)


Today was one of those days that seems to last forever.  It's like one of those international flights...you know that one that you have a day for two days...literally....the date doesn't change.

Days like today remind me of God's grace and mercy in my life.  How He never tires.  How His love is everlasting.

He is my strength.  He is my source of life. He guides and directs me in His word, the Bible. He provides all I need for life and right living.  He is my God.

Today, God showed me how He demonstrates His love for me how he creatively gives me the desires of my heart.

Today I got to...
1) hang out with kids from both campuses during morning duty
2) hang out with my students and help them finish well
3) hear from my missions class what God is doing and has done in the lives of missionaries from or to countries that they have been studying
4) hang out with 7th graders and our great nurse at school during jr. high lunch duty
5) have one more lunch with Dave before he leaves for Togo
6) hang out with more of my students for the rest of the day
7) watch our school's mentor/mentee program at it's best as I chaperoned their end of year event
8) hang out with some great ladies from my church as we plan and prepare for upcoming events and praise God for how He answered prayers way beyond what we had thought of praying in the past few events
9) take a quick walk home
10) enjoy a wonderful dinner with my family
11) FaceTime with Kirsten at Starbucks with Dave
12) treat Stella to ice cream as we met up with a team member for more encouragement cards
13) sort out and carefully pack up all the cards from our "moral support" part of our Togo Team (part of the senders)
14) hang out with a friend who stopped by really quick to give me a few more notes
15) finish helping Dave pack for his trip

Looking back on all of it I would say that it was a full day full of people.  It reminds me once again of community and the importance of pursuing people for relationship.

I don't ever want to grow weary in doing good.  One thing that helps me not grow weary is remembering to be thankful for it all. Another thing is changing the words that I use...instead of "I have to" I try to say "I get to".  This simple change of one word changes my perspective and reminds me that the weariness is only temporary.

(Wow...I started this on Tuesday and now it's Wednesday...maybe I should re-title the blog to read "Weary on a Wednesday"...it's definitely time for me to go to bed)

No comments:

Post a Comment