Friday, May 11, 2012

Bikes and Baskets and early morning Volunteering

I was intrigued by Bountiful Baskets so 3 weeks ago Dave and I ordered a basket.  When we went to the pick up site, being "newbies"  we felt foolish and didn't know what to do.  The volunteers were very helpful and when they told us that we got 2 baskets I knew we got a good thing!  One had veggies and one had fruit (I didn't figure that one out until the next week).  The next Saturday we did the same thing, just at a different location.  We needed to go really early so we did.  I liked the smallness of the 2nd location.  Dave liked the openness and bigness of the first location.  I think eventually we'll compromise and go to a location nearer to us.

One of these Saturdays I'd like to ride my bike to pick up the goods!  I live close to several sites (although I haven't thought to order early enough to pick it up there).  I might try this next Saturday.  Don't know yet though.  It's a little harder eating all the goods since Dave is gone to Togo.  I'll have to see how it goes.

This Saturday (tomorrow) I'm actually go to volunteer.  My home-stay daughter needs to get some more volunteer hours in so I told her that we could go early to help.  I didn't really think that she'd want to get up that early, but she said "sure" so off we go tomorrow with a very early start.  We'll see how this goes.

I made this and it was fabulous!  Pioneer Woman's Perfect Iced Coffee In fact I'm drinking it right now while writing this post.  You should really try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment