Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Date Night!

Dave and I have been dating since February 15, 1986.  It might be said that our first date was before this (he went with me to my prom), but on February 10, 1986 Dave officially asked me on our first date.  We've been dating ever since.  Along our dating journey we got married, had a  kid, graduated college, had some more kids, moved many places, lived in many different types of homes, our kids grew up, went to school, a few have gotten married and still we date each other.

I teach at a great high school in town.  The kids asked me if I was going to their (you name it sport) event.  I said no because I had a date.  They asked if Mr. Duron knew about this....of course he did...he's the one that asked me out.

Dave is on his way to Togo.  He's stopped in Salt Lake City at the airport finding some "healthy" food for dinner.  When he gets settled we'll have a date.  Of course this date will be long distance, but that is what we have right now.  We were going to go on a little "brunch date" this morning, but then we had "one more thing to do" before he left...so we are dating via iphones!

We date because:
1) it is a chance to reconnect
2) it keeps us from taking each other for granted
3) we enjoy each other's company
4) we work on different parts of our relationship (we want a strong healthy marriage)
5) we like each other

Our dates have been really fancy, but most of them are simple.  We bike ride.  We rent a movie.  We go to eat.  We play a board game and drink some coffee.

What kind of dates do you like?  Why do you date?  Inquiring minds want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment