Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Change of Seasons



The signs are all around me. Closed toed shoes will soon be my fashion accessory of choice for my lovely tanned feet. It is a choice of necessity. I have on occasion worn my lovely sandals on a day that wasn't really made for the enjoyment of such footware and it was as if my toes screamed at me forsakenly, "why do you hate us so to leave us in the cold?"

Sometimes I am like that in my personal life. I know that it is time to go to the next season, but I hold on. Here is my thinking though...I am going to not rush to the next season and give up the rest of what I love about this season. Oh, I know that there are Christmas decorations being sold now, but since it is still a little warm and there are still leaves on the trees (changing colors) I will wear flip flops and other sandals of my choice. When it is cold, really cold, I will cover up my toes (at least while I am outside).

In my personal life, my baby has turned 16. WOW! I love this season that I am almost completely in, but not really. I like how independent my older two are becoming. I like how dependent still is my youngest. I know that this transition will not nor should not last long, but I will choose to enjoy it.

"There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

2 comments:

  1. I like how... I just like you!!! Love you Mom! Thanks for being such an encouragement to me and Bethany!

    ReplyDelete