Saturday, October 24, 2009

Getting up early!


So today my alarm went off at 5am. I had stayed up late with Kirsten, just hanging out while Dave was gone at the Men's Retreat. I had changed my alarm...or so I thought. 5am it went off! UGH! I stayed in bed for awhile trying to go back to sleep. No way was my body going to do that!


I have been trying to get up at 5am since the summer. Some weeks I do great, others I fail miserably, but I guess my body is getting used to it, because today I could not go back to sleep.


My friends and I are trying to start a book club at our church. In the summer we read a book called "Shopping for Time" that talked about a 5am club. To get up at 5am to read the Bible, pray, have a cup of coffee (or anything else that you like) and plan for the day. On the days when I do get up early I find that I have already done so much before my real day begins (when everyone else gets up!)


I would not consider myself a morning person. At least I am not one when I first get up, but after being up for 2 hours I am quite myself.


"Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed."

Mark 1:35 (New International Version)

1 comment:

  1. I am such a morning person! I love getting up early. Somedays it's hard but those precious quiet moments by myself are so worth it. Thanks for sharing Beth!

    ReplyDelete