Saturday, August 8, 2009

My Dog, the BIG baby of our family

I sat down to update my blog and I was reminded by my dog(that's not him), who was outside, that he wanted to be inside. I had just come in from berry picking (I picked 1/2 cup from my little vine), feeding the birds and checking on my tomatoes (Today I harvested 4 little ones! :) ). He was barking at me and jumping (as Jack Russel Terriers tend to do). He really wanted to be with me. Imagine that. I went inside and put the tomatoes and berries away. I got out my Bible and was just to start writing when his constant whining outside reminded me that he still wanted to be inside with me. I told him he would have more fun outside...but to a dog he had on thing on his mind...be with Beth!

I know from past experience that it is not just me who he likes. He likes all of my family and my neighbors who come by. He longs for company! He is a community kind of dog. On the DISC profile he would be a very, very high I!


Do you know what he is doing now? Lounging on the rug by the backdoor, just waiting. I know that if I got up from the table and got the leash he would be ready for an adventure, but now he is waiting. He stopped whining though. Every so often he will get up and walk around the house, guarding it I suppose.

I need to be like my dog when it comes to the time and desire to spend with God in prayer and reading/studying/meditating on His Word in the Bible.
Here's what I read today. It is in the Psalms.

Psalm 19:7-14
"the law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statues of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes. The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous. They are more precious than god, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the tomb. By them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward. Who can discern his error? Forgive my hidden faults. Keep you servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. They will I be blameless, innocent of great transgression. May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."

No comments:

Post a Comment