Thursday, August 20, 2009

Century Training Week 3

I can't believe it is week three already... Only 12 more (Hopefully) before the big ride. :)

This week we rode a great part of the Greenbelt on Tuesday after I got off of work. We rode past and through the side of the golf course toward Lucky Peak. We went through a new part of the trail that is great. We saw an elk grazing with cows then turned towards Barber Park....rode on and back to the MK Nature center where we had parked. We raced the sun...the park closed at sunset. We got back to the car at 9pm. Good thing the sun sets late still.

What I am learning about myself on these rides is that I can ride faster than I think I can, I can ride further than I think I can, and it just doesn't really hurt that bad (just kidding about that last part).

We'll see how the rest of the week goes with riding. Today I am up at a retreat so I hiked up some hills to work on stregthening my legs without getting on a bike. It's an "off" day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment