Wednesday, July 29, 2009

REST....is it a necessary part of the training?

Yesterday was my day of rest as part of the "plan". I didn't want to rest. I wanted to get on my bike and make my sore muscles behave and not be so sore. But instead I went on a great morning walk with my wonderful husband. I was sore all day yesterday. It wore off as the day went on, but by the end of the day I was glad that I hadn't gotten on the bike.

This morning when I woke up almost completely recovered from my soreness. We woke up too late to ride before Dave went to work so we went on another walk. I'm suppose to ride today according to the "plan" so later when it is way too hot to be outside I'm going to ride my stationary bike and watch another part of Pride and Prejudice on my computer.

"The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake." (Psalm 23:1-3)

I am so thankful for the rest that God gives.

No comments:

Post a Comment