Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Obedience is under rated

This summer has been a summer of simple obedience.

I was able to spend a week in Mexico serving with Bethany. We got to go on the same team. It was so good to be with her for a week since she has been gone.

Bethany teaches me about obedience and being able to change her attitude to obey with joy and not bitterness.

I started out the week writing in my journal the following, "I don't know why I am on this trip this year. I don't have a specific role to play. There are enough people here who can do all that I can do and most of them can do it better than me. Lord please teach me why I am here. I guess for right now I will be content knowing that I am here out of simple obedience."

Dave wanted me to go. It is as simple as that. He says that he is better when I am around. (I know that I am definitely better when I am around him!) Since I love Dave and I love God I went on the trip just because Dave wanted me to go. I am glad that I did.

Each teaching session in the morning or the evening taught about simple obedience.

God calls us to be obedient peoople. That is how we show that we love Him.

I agree with Paul when he wrote these words to Timothy, "I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service." 1 Timothy 1:12


No comments:

Post a Comment