Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lost?

Have you ever been lost but didn't know it? I remember when I was a little girl I was in the toy section of a store. I was looking at the stuffed toys and found a teddy bear. I felt completely safe until I looked up and didn't see my mom or dad around. Then I felt lost.

There have been many times that I thought I was just fine, then I look around and there is no one near that I thought should be there. One time while I was Christmas shopping with Dave I was in the camping section checking out what to get my nephews. I was in a full on conversation with Dave and when I paused for his response I heard silence. I knew that someone was just behind me so I quickly turned around to see a man that I didn't know right where Dave had been. This time I didn't feel lost, but I did feel a little out of place and quite foolish talking to a complete stranger.

Sometimes I wander around my life not knowing that I am lost. I think that I am going the right direction, but then when I really take a look around I find that I am not where I want to be.

That is why church fellowship and getting involved in smaller church groups is important to me. It is in this community that I find out when I am lost and how to go the right direction.

Today in Sunday School we talked about loving our husbands. (I'm in a all women's Sunday School class for the summer. It is great!) It was great hearing the older women (those married over 30 years) talk about practical ways to loving husbands.

Some things that they shared (I've done most of these...it was such an encouragement to keep doing it!) are: putting him as a priority, really communicating (some times that means that I just need to be quiet and listen), pampering him, asking him how I can be a better friend to him, hanging out with him, and spending time with him.

Titus 2:3-5 "Likewise teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and their children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one can malign the word of God."


No comments:

Post a Comment