Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunday Ride

I like Sundays. I like taking the day to rest. I like taking the time to go to church and worship God with my friends. Psalm 122:1 I rejoiced with those who said to me, “Let us go to the house of the LORD.” Sundays are days that I plan and prepare. I cook and clean a little. I get to hang out with friends and family. I don't work for pay on Sunday any more. Sure, I have work that I bring home to do, but if it doesn't get done by Saturday night then I put it away until Sunday night after church....because I need time to rest. I need time to refocus and recharge. My week is crazy with life so Sunday is a time to reflect and re-energize. To rest. Rest comes in many different ways to many different people. For me and Dave it's sometimes a lazy day that includes a nap. Sometimes it's hanging out and playing with family and friends. Sometimes it's a long ride....bike ride. Sometimes it's a short bike ride (like today) that takes on an adventure of it's own. So on our way back (on a really cool hardpacked mostly gravel trail here in Boise off of Eagle hidden between a subdivision and the river) Dave wanted the longer (and hotter) part of the path, so I took another short cut (well, I thought it was short...ended up being longer). I got to go through a really fun hardpacked dirt path (with 3 big puddles where the river overflowed into the path). I love Sunday rides, whether in a car or on a bike. It gives me time to clear my head so I can take on another week of being on the front lines. Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. sounds fun! i love bike rides & sundays too!

    ReplyDelete