Thursday, May 13, 2010

5 minutes to post

In Larry Osborne's book, "A Contrarian's Guide to Knowing God," he states, " Maturity and spiritual depth take time. But I can please God right away because it's not a matter of how much I know or how long I've been at it. It's a matter of what I do with what I already have that matters."

In one of Paul's letters to the Thessalonians he writes, "Finally then, brethren, we urge and exhort in the Lord Jesus that you should abound more and more, just as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God." (I Thessalonians 4:1)

That is why one of my goals is to read the Bible every day. I want to know how to please God. What I can figure out is to obey what I know. Sure, the Bible has some mysteries, but most of it is pretty cut and dry: don't steal (even cheat!), don't lust, worship God with other believers, honor parents....I know that doing these things DO NOT cause God to love me more than He already does. Doing these things show my love for Him. (and cause less sorrow in my life)

Time's up....gotta run! (or bike :) .... Riding the century (well trying to at least) in a 1.5 weeks! woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment