Wednesday, April 15, 2009

just talking to my Father

Prayer is just talking with God.

In Genesis after God had created the world and mankind God would come to earth in the cool of the day and walk and talk with his creation: Adam and Eve. That would have been so cool.

Today, I called Bethany twice. Just to talk and just to give her some updates on what was happening when she got back into town. Good news all of it. The second time I called she asked me to pray for her for some stuff that she was carrying to God already.

What a priveledge it is to talk with God about stuff that my kids are talking to God about. I know that it sounds confusing, but I am amazed at the fact that I can be praying with Bethany (I'm in Idaho and she's in Michigan) to God who is in Heaven and He knows it all...all of what is on my heart, all that is on her heart and all of the situations.

Prayer is a way for me to empty my heart to God. It is a place of confession and restoration. It is a place where I can lay my burdens down and I can wait and be still. It is a place of transperancy with my creator. I am most content when I spend time with God in prayer and in reading His Scripture, the Bible.

Today was a long day. I have many long days until I see Bethany in May. Until then I will keep praying with her and for her. I know that God is listening. He is alive and well and very concerned about mankind.

Philippians 4:5-7 (New International Version)
Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


1 comment:

  1. Beth, thanks for sharing your thoughts on prayer... they were so refreshing. God is really working in you and I get to enjoy the many benefits of His grace in your life.

    ReplyDelete